Here is what you will learn with Baby Prep's™ private and group prenatal classes:
Late Changes in Pregnancy
- Physical and emotional changes
Labour and Birth Overview
- Stages of labour (early, active, transition)
- Timing of contractions
- Breathing / relaxation
- Signs of true labour vs. false labour
- When to come to the hospital
Coping Strategies and Pain Relief Options
- Breathing awareness
- Labour Medications
Delivery of Your Newborn(s)
- Pushing and the delivery
- Assisted and operative births
- Why it may happen?
- Understanding the procedure
Your Amazing Newborn(s)
- Newborn behavior and abilities
- Newborn appearance
- Newborn tests and procedures
(early disease screening, vitamin K, erythromycin)
- Cord care
- Comforting the baby
- Emotional and physical changes after birth
- Postpartum blues vs. depression
- Time management
- Family planning
- Community resources
- Introduction to breastfeeding
- Steps for successful breastfeeding (struggles and rewards)
- Alternatives to breastfeeding
Ready to book your prenatal class?
Private Prenatal Classes:
Baby Prep™ Private & Group Sessions are designed to the meet the needs and requests of the mother and her partner.
For couples that are expecting twins (multiples), the same topics apply but are tailored around birthing and caring for more than one baby.
Do you have specific concerns regarding pregnancy and labour? Please ask. Special concerns are only discussed on request of the couple.
Inquire about Baby Prep's™ optional breastfeeding follow up appointment.